Academy Games Information
- ALL athletes will be transported to, from and during the games on buses organised by SWSAS.
- Meeting place - King Street Car Park (off Queen St) Campbelltown.
Time - Friday 3rd, 10:45am for 11:00am departure. TBC
- Athletes are to be at Newcastle Basketball Stadium, Corner of Young & Curley Roads (27 Young Road), Broadmeadow, NSW, 2292 at 4:30 PM to assemble for the opening ceremony in full uniform.
- Messages will be sent as soon as possible regarding estimated time return to Campbelltown.
- The BBQ fundraiser days are supporting a reduced levy of $75 per Umpire Athlete and $150 per Playing Athlete which (includes accommodation, meals, travel).
- Due on Thursday 26th of March.
Account Name: South West Sydney Academy of Sport
BSB: 012 556 Account Number: 497 389 225
Please use your surname and sport as payment reference.
- Jesmond Executive Villa's, Cnr Newcastle Road & Blue Gum Rd, Jesmond.
- For all athletes, coaches and support staff members
- Maitland Basketball Stadium, 10 Bent Street, Maitland New South Wales, 2320.
- All meals will be provided for athletes on this tour.
Contacts while on tour
|James Watson - Sports Program Manager||0412 946 715|
|Gerry Knights - CEO||0407 415 847|
|Jan Cleary - Netball Squad Manager||0417 497 172|
|Michelle McNamara - Umpires Mentor||0412 173 117|
|Jesmond Executive Villa's||(02)49 555 888|
|Daniel Currinckx - Sports Program and Events Coordinator||0424 266 550|
All athletes and parents should make sure they have the contact number for the manager saved in their phone. Athletes will be allowed to carry their phones; however, these will be under the care of the manager from arrival at venue until McDonald's stop on return trip. Should any parent require contact with their daughter/coaching staff, please contact Netball Squad Manager - Jan Cleary.
You can be drug tested at any time. If you are prescribed any medication be sure to tell your Doctor that you are an Athlete. It is also recommended that you visit the ASADA website https://checksubstances.asada.gov.au/ You are responsible for what you put in your body. You can also gain a Therapeutic Use Exception (TUE) by submitting a TUE Form to ASDMAC The Australian Sports Advisory Committee. This form must be filled out by your medical practitioner.
What to wear
- White SWSAS Walker polo, SWSAS tracksuit pants and jacket, netball shoes
What to bring
Everything must go in your SWSAS backpack. No other luggage permitted
- Training Uniform (shorts & singlet top)
- Razor Back bras (for 2 days of play)
- White socks for playing in (must be visible above shoes/ankle guards)
- Clothes to sleep in
- $20 photography fee
- A jumper/jacket. Prepare for cold. (can be your SWSAS hoodie)
- Approved medications
- Pillow - optional
- SWSAS & SIS bottles (each full of water)