AFL Female Talent Pathway Program U16's / U18's
The South West Sydney Academy of Sport (SWSAS) implements high performance programs for talent identified athletes from South Western Sydney across a number of sports. The academy implements an AFL Female Development Pathway program in association with AFL NSW. The focus of the program is on high standards of individual performance and excellence based on a solid platform of skill development. The program is a link in the AFL Female development pathway, linking club athletes to state and national programs.
SWSAS is now accepting nominations from female athletes for the 2019/2020 AFL Female Development Pathway program for both the U/16s and U/18s squad.
- Athletes for the U/16s program must be born 2004 & 2005
- Athletes for the U/18s program must be born 2002 & 2003
- Athletes must reside or attend school or compete for a sporting club within the defined local government areas of the Regional Academy zones serviced by SWSAS
- Athletes must be committed to progressing to higher representation within the sport of AFL
- Athletes must be a member of an AFL NSW registered AFL club
- Athletes must be committed to attending all coaching/training, education sessions and camps. We understand that from time to time athletes may be unable to attend sessions due to illness, holiday commitments or competing at a higher level within school sport etc. Prior arrangement must be sort and approved from SWSAS to be absent from any sessions.
Trials will be held on the following dates:
- A Physical Testing Session will be held, starting at 5:30pm on Monday 16th September at Peter Miller Park (Cedar Road, Casula)
- An AFL specific Trial will be held, starting at 5:30pm on Monday 23rd September at Peter Miller Park (Cedar Road, Casula)