- Q: Athlete Benefits +
As part of the Academy, Athletes will receive access to sports specific training workshops, camps and competition opportunities. These workshops include access to elite level coaches, analysis of technique, sports science testing, sport psychology, nutrition, and drugs in sport awareness.
Athlete Sports Education modules change from year to year as we continue to adapt to the requirements of the modern day athlete. Many foundational principles of being a holistic athlete remain a strong focus each year, with the added benefits of unique experiences keeping the program fun and interest for every athlete year by year
- Q: Program Overview +
The South West Sydney Academy of Sport implements high performance programs for talented young athletes from South West Sydney across a number of sports. The Academy has partnered with Macarthur BMX club to developed a BMX program for 2021 2022.
- Provide a high-quality development program opportunity for Athletes looking to gain access to additional training - education programs and enhance representative honors.
- Participate in a high-quality program designed to complement the existing representative calendar laying the foundations for riders moving into the pro classes. The conclusion of this program will be the NSW State Titles.
This program will provide valuable experience; bringing fun and comradery to sport. Riders will have the opportunity to ride a variety of tracks with selected riders using 8m start hills and riding pro straights. Our tours will feature tracks such as Blue Mountains, Bathurst, Penrith, Sleeman, Redlands, Bayside, Hawkesbury, Penrith, Maitland, Lake Macquarie, Terrigal and San Remo. (TBC)
- Introduction to 8m Hill
- Introduction to Pro Straights
- Introduction to Strength & Conditioning Training Required for Elite Athletes
- Introduction to Injury Management
- Increase Knowledge of Race Tactics
- Advanced Cornering Techniques
- Riding in a Pack
- Advanced Jumping Techniques
- Advanced Manualling Techniques
- Race Craft: Offensive & Defensive
- Training Techniques
- Travelling for Events
- Race Preparation
- Q: Selection Process +
To be eligible for the Academy BMX program, Athletes must be:
- Aged 14 - 18 years in 2022 (born 2004 - 2008)
- Reside, attend school, or compete for an affiliate sporting club within the local government Council boundaries of Campbelltown, Camden, Liverpool & Wollondilly.
- Be a current registered member of a BMX club within the region (or agree to join)
- Athletes must show a keen commitment to training and furthering their competition experience.
- Athletes must be committed to attending all coaching / training education sessions and camps. We understand that from time to time athletes may be unable to attend sessions due to illness, holiday commitments or competing at a higher level within school sport etc. In this case prior arrangement must be organised and approved from SWSAS to be absent from any sessions.
- Q: Scholarship Levy +
- A program levy of $400 GST inclusive will be applicable to all successful Athletes.
- A uniform including a walkout polo, walkout shorts, training t-shirt, full tracksuit, BMX Jersey and cap will be provided as part of the overall program.
- Note: Additional items such as a Hoodie, Back Pack, Sports Bag, SWSAS socks and more will be available to purchase at an additional cost.
- All Athlete levies must be paid in full within 14 days of invoiced date, or the scholarship offer may be withdrawn; unless agreed Board of Management arrangements have been confirmed. Payment plans are available, but must be set up by emailing the SWSAS Office at email@example.com.
- Q: View Squad List +
2021 2022 BMX Squad is will be announced following trials in 2021.
Congratulations to our 2020 2021 SWSAS BMX Squad!
- Bianca Moubarak
- Clay Jonson
- Ethan Moubarak
- Haylee Morris
- Ireland Gerhard
- Isaac Robinson
- Jack Young
- Jayden Morris
- Kayden Murphy
- Mackenzie Hadley
- Rory Southwell
- Violet Dutko
- Q: View Coaching Staff +
2020 2021 SWSAS BMX Coaching Staff
- Head Coach - Cara Wilde
- Assistant Coach - Daniel Morris
- Assistant Coach - Simon Dutko
- Apprentice Coach and Rider Mentor - Jye Furner
- Squad Manager - Anne-Marie Moubarak
- Assistant Squad Manager - Fred Furner