- Q: Athlete Benefits
As part of the Academy, Athletes will receive access to sports specific training workshops, camps and competition opportunities. These workshops include access to elite level coaches, analysis of technique, sports science testing, sport psychology, nutrition, and drugs in sport awareness.
- Q: Program Overview
The South West Sydney Academy of Sport implements high performance programs for talented young athletes from South West Sydney across a number of sports. The Academy has partnered with Macarthur BMX club to developed a BMX program for 2020/2021.
- Provide a high quality development program opportunity for athletes wishing to gain access to additional training - education programs, and enhance representative honours.
- Participate in a high quality program designed to complement the existing representative calendar.
- Q: Selection Process
To be eligible for the Academy BMX program, Athletes must be:
- Aged 14 - 18 years in 2021 (born 2003 - 2007)
- Reside, attend school, or compete for an affiliate sporting club within the local government Council boundaries of Campbelltown, Camden, Liverpool & Wollondilly.
- Be a current registered member of a BMX club within the region (or agree to join)
- Athletes must show a keen commitment to training and furthering their competition experience.
- Athletes must be committed to attending all coaching / training education sessions and camps. We understand that from time to time athletes may be unable to attend sessions due to illness, holiday commitments or competing at a higher level within school sport etc. In this case prior arrangement must be organised and approved from SWSAS to be absent from any sessions.
- Q: View Squad List
Congratulations to this years SWSAS BMX Squad!
- Q: View Coaching Staff
- Head Coach - Cara Wilde
- Assistant Coach - Daniel Morris
- Assistant Coach - Simon Dutko
- Apprentice Coach and Rider Mentor - Jye Furner
- Squad Manager - Anne-Marie Moubarak
- Assistant Squad Manager - Fred Furner