2018/2019 BMX Scholarship
- Provide a high quality development program opportunity for athletes wishing to gain access to additional training - education programs, and enhance representative honours.
- Participate in a high quality program designed to complement the existing representative calendar laying the foundations for riders moving into the pro classes. The conclusion of this program will be the NSW State Titles
To be eligible athletes must be:
- Aged 14 to18 years in 2019 (born 2001 -2005)
Be a current registered member of a BMX club within the region.Athletes must show a keen commitment to training and furthering their competition level to Superclass / Elite Level
Athletes must be committed to attending all coaching/training, education sessions and camps. We understand that from time to time athletes may be unable to attend sessions due to illness, holiday commitments or competing at a higher level within school sport etc. Prior arrangement must be sort and approved from SWSAS to be absent from any sessions.The Academy reserves the right to accept or reject any athlete nomination based on its own selection criteria.
Athletes submitting a nomination for inclusion in the Academy BMX scholarship program are required to acknowledge that the acceptance for their nomination will be at the sole discretion of the Academy.
Scholarships are not in the form of a monetary sum, but rather enable athletes to participate in the Academy program which will provide training workshops, camps and competition opportunities. These workshops include access to high level coaching, analysis of technique, sports science testing, sport psychology, nutrition, drugs in sport awareness, and safe use of social media.
- Introduction to 8m Hill. Introduction to Pro Straights
- Introduction to Strength & Conditioning Training Required for Elite Athletes
- Introduction to Injury Management
- Increase Knowledge of Race Tactics
- Advanced Cornering Techniques
- Riding in a Pack
- Advanced Jumping Techniques
- Advanced Manualling Techniques
- Race Craft: Offensive & Defensive
- Training Techniques
- Travelling for Events
- Race Preparation
Our tours will feature tracks such as Blue Mountains, Bathurst, Penrith, Sleeman, Redlands, Bayside, Hawkesbury, Penrith, Maitland, Lake Macquarie, Terrigal and San Remo.
A uniform including a competition jersey, polo shirt, training shorts, hoodie and a Richardson cap will be provided as part of the overall program.
All athlete levies must be paid in full within 21 days of selection, or the scholarship offer will be automatically withdrawn; unless agreed Board of Management arrangements have been confirmed.
Additional costs may be incurred to cover some transport/accommodation costs.
The Sleeman camp, although subsidised by the Academy will likely incur an additional cost to riders of between $600/$700.