The South West Sydney Academy of Sport (SWSAS) is currently accepting nominations from male and female athletes for its 2019-2020 scholarship program.
The SWSAS program is a link on the established Hockey NSW pathway and through our lead coaches Nathanael Stewart and Nicole King, we are acutely aware of the attributes required for hockey athletes to progress on this pathway. Our focus is; equipping athletes with the required skillset, enabling transition into State Programs and Senior Representative Hockey.
- Athletes must be between 16 and 18 years of age in 2020, born 2002-2004.
- Athletes will reside, attend school or compete for a sporting club within the defined local government areas of the Regional Academy zones serviced by SWSAS. Namely: The local government areas of Camden, Campbelltown, Liverpool and Wollondilly. (In certain circumstances SWSAS may be able to consider nominations from athletes residing outside this zone)
- Athletes must be committed to progressing to higher representation within the sport of hockey
- Athletes must be committed to attending all coaching/training, education sessions and camps. We understand that from time to time athletes may be unable to attend sessions due to illness, holiday commitments or competing at a higher level within school sport etc. Prior arrangement must be sort and approved from SWSAS to be absent from any sessions.
- Athletes must be a member of a Hockey NSW registered hockey club
- Athletes must NOT be a scholarship holder in Hockey NSW AAP for the same term
FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING THE PROGRAM, CHECK THE FAQ LINKS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE