Hockey Scholarship Program
The South West Sydney Academy of Sport (SWSAS) implements high performance programs for talent identified athletes from South Western Sydney across a number of sports. The academy implements a hockey program in association with Hockey NSW. The focus of the program is on high standards of individual performance and excellence based on a solid platform of skill development. The program is a link in the Hockey NSW development pathway, linking club athletes to state and national programs.
The SWSAS program is very aware of the attributes required for hockey athletes to progress on this pathway. We are very proud of the fact that every year; Academy athletes gain selection into the Hockey NSW AAP program. Six players have successfully made this transition from our program in the last 2 years alone.
- Athletes must be between 16 and 18 years of age in 2020, born 2002-2004.
- Athletes must reside or attend school or compete for a sporting club within the defined local government areas of the Regional Academy zones serviced by SWSAS SESA WSAS
- Athletes must be committed to progressing to higher representation within the sport of hockey
- Athletes must be committed to attending all coaching/training, education sessions and camps. We understand that from time to time athletes may be unable to attend sessions due to illness, holiday commitments or competing at a higher level within school sport etc. Prior arrangement must be sort and approved from SWSAS to be absent from any sessions.
- Athletes must be a member of a Hockey NSW registered hockey club