- Q: Objectives +
The South West Sydney Academy of Sport (SWSAS) and Mens Netball NSW (MNNSW) program will cater for male athletes who are turning 12 - 16 years old in 2021. Successful Athletes will be a part of a Development program with the focus to develop individual skills and court craft in the game of netball.
The program aims to provide athletes who have finished playing at an Association level, further training and skill development to assist in their progression and performance at MNNSW representative trials and junior development program.
This program is targeted for young male athletes who have been playing Netball at an Association level, or within their School.
- Q: Eligibility +
- Athletes must be turning 12 - 16 years old in 2021.
- Athletes must currently be or become (upon nominating) a registered member of Mens Netball NSW.
- Athletes must reside in, or attend school, or play sport within the Academy area of Campbelltown, Camden, Liverpool, or Wollondilly local Government areas.
- Q: Training and Trials +
Trials dates and times will be announced via email to all Athletes and Parents who have expressed interest and completed the nominations form. Due to lockdown and restrictions in the greater sydney area, we are unable to set a date and time at this stage.
Training sessions will be held in weekly intervals throughout the Academies local government areas of Camden, Campbelltown, Liverpool and Wollondily, proposed for Thursday afternoons.
Athletes will also be exposed to and educated in Sports Science Testing, Sports Specific Strength and Conditioning, a comprehensive Athlete Sports Education program culminating in a Development Competition at the end of the program. For more information on our education program please see - swsas.org.au/education-workshop
Note: With the latest Covid restrictions and lockdowns placed on the greater sydney region. All training and event schedules are to be confirmed but offer a current guide to what the academy propose to do once face to face training can resume in South West Sydney.
- Q: Athlete Levy +
- A pilot program levy of $200 (GST inclusive) will be applicable to all successful Athletes.
- A uniform including a walkout polo, walkout shorts, reversible training singlet, competition shorts and SWSAS water bottle will be provided as part of the overall program.
- All Athlete levies MUST be paid in full within 14 days of invoiced date, or the scholarship offer may be withdrawn; unless agreed Board of Management arrangements have been confirmed or a payment plan has been organised with SWSAS Sports Programs Manager, Daniel - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Q: Current Squad +
The 2022 SWSAS Men's Netball Squad will be announced in the coming weeks.
- Q: Coaching Staff +
The program will be facilitated by Moira Gaha, MNNSW Opens Mens Coach. Appointed Senior Head Coach in 2021.
Moira was awarded the highest accolade in coaching in recent years, as she secured her high-performance accreditation after being in the elite environment for several years. Moira has a wealth of experience in elite talent mobilisation, and one of the strongest state and representative team performance records from the women's game. Amongst her accolades are coaching roles for the NSW Waratahs and Blues in the ANL League, 8 years of national underage championships where she has bought home a gold or silver medal each time and more than two decades of coaching in NSW State League.
Moira will be ably assisted by Heath Brown, former Australian Mens Player, with Elite Coaching credentials and having also Coached the Australian Mens 23's and been involved with NSW State League at the Premier level.