AFL Female Talent Pathway Program
The South West Sydney Academy of Sport (SWSAS) implements high performance programs for talent identified athletes from South Western Sydney across a number of sports. The academy implements an AFL Female Development Pathway program in association with AFL NSW. The focus of the program is on high standards of individual performance and excellence based on a solid platform of skill development. The program is a link in the AFL Female development pathway, linking club athletes to state and national programs.
SWSAS will soon be accepting nominations from female athletes for the 2020-2021 AFL Female Development Pathway program for both the U/16s and U/19s squad.
SWSAS are currently accepting Expressions of Interest from qualified Coaching Staff who are interested in being a part of the AFL Female Development Pathway program. Interested Coaches should email Acting Sports Programs Manager Daniel Currinckx now.
- Athletes must reside or attend school or compete for a sporting club within the defined local government areas of the Regional Academy zones serviced by SWSAS
- Athletes must be committed to progressing to higher representation within the sport of AFL
- Athletes must be a member of an AFL NSW registered AFL club
- Athletes must be committed to attending all coaching/training, education sessions and camps. We understand that from time to time athletes may be unable to attend sessions due to illness, holiday commitments or competing at a higher level within school sport etc. Prior arrangement must be sort and approved from SWSAS to be absent from any sessions.
Nominations are expected to open early October 2020
Trials will be held and will include;
- Sports Science Testing Session (Combine)
- AFL specific skills and matchplay trial.