GOLF NOMINATION FORM
Golf Program Partners
- Q: Program Overview
Jack Newton Junior Golf (JNJG) provides a golf curriculum and skill modules to support the Program. The modules cover skill components, core skill testing procedures, drills and reporting protocols. The program purpose is to provide the aspiring young male and female golfers of the South West Sydney region with genuine opportunities and support to up-skill across all areas of the sport.
The program will offer scholarship holders golfing, educational and personal development opportunities ensuring that they are ready for the next step on their performance pathway. Tournament opportunities will be available including JNJG tournaments, ClubsNSW Academy Games and selected athletes will play the new, Presidents Cup Style teams event; North v's South cup. This program is designed to complement, not replace existing golfing tuition.
The program will be delivered by Head Professional Scott Martyn in Partnership with Golf NSW and Jack Newton Junior Golf. Training sessions to be hosted predominantly at Campbelltown Golf Club. Some sessions may be held at various locations within the Academy region.
The 2020-2021 Golf Program will have a performance progression focus targeting individual skill level and understanding of the game.
The program will commence in October. The program will break for Christmas holidays and return in mid-January through to August.
- Q: Selection Process
To be eligible for the Academy Golf Program:
- Athletes must reside, attend school or be registered with a golf club within the Academy area to be eligible for the program. The Academy area includes: Campbelltown, Camden, Liverpool and Wollondilly Council areas.
- Athletes must be committed to achieving higher honors within the sport
- We are seeking nominations from golfers aged 13-17(born 2003-2008) with a Golf Australia handicap of less than 18 for boys and 27 for girls. This is a guide and SWSAS may be able to consider nominations from young golfers slightly outside these handicaps if we assess that these levels could be reached within this program period.
Athletes submitting a nomination for inclusion in the Academy Golf scholarship program are required to acknowledge that the acceptance for their nomination will be at the sole discretion of the Academy.
- Q: Athlete Levy
- An affiliation levy of $400.00 (GST inclusive) will be applicable to all successful new athletes. Athletes who do not require new uniform will pay a program levy of $300.00 (GST inclusive). It is expected that all program athletes have a full SWSAS uniform kit.
- A SWSAS uniform including a SWSAS pullover, dress polo, playing polo, shorts, cap and backpack will be provided as part of the overall program.
- All athlete levies must be paid in full within (30) days of receiving invoice from SWSAS, or the scholarship offer will be automatically withdrawn (unless agreed Board of Management arrangements have been confirmed).
Please note that scholarships are not in the form of a monetary sum, but rather enable athletes to participate in the Academy program that includes training workshops and camps. These workshops include access to high level coaching, analysis of technique, sports science testing, sport psychology, nutrition, and drugs in sport awareness.The Academy Program follows the golf curriculum set by JNJG which includes specific skill components and reporting procedures to assist with an athletes development and knowledge of the game.
- Q: View Squad List
2020 2021 South West Sydney Academy of Sport Golf Squad:
- Frankie Gerace
- Joey Eason
- Noah Graham
- Rhys Vella
- Ryan Connors
- Zackie Kadir
- Zain Kadir
- Q: View Coaching Staff
Head Professional - Scott Martyn