- Q: Program Overview
The South West Sydney Academy of Sport (SWSAS) implements high performance programs for talent identified athletes from South-Western Sydney across a number of sports. The Academy implements a Triathlon program in association with Triathlon NSW. The focus of the program is on high standards of individual performance and excellence based on a solid platform of skill development. The program is a link in the Triathlon Australia junior triathlete development pathway, linking club athletes to State and National programs. A joining levy of $450 will be applicable to successful nominee's. Returning athletes not requiring trisuit & SWSAS uniform will be required to pay a levy of $250. Returning athletes that require a new trisuit will pay a program levy of $350.
SWSAS is now accepting nominations from male and female athletes for its 2020/2021 Triathlon program. Nominations closing on 23 August 2020 at 5pm.
- Q: Selection Process
- Athletes must be between 13 and 17, born 2004-2008.
- Athletes must have their own attended email account and a parent/guardian to be CC on all correspondence.
- Athletes must reside or attend school or compete for an affiliated club (Macarthur Triathlon membership post nomination is acceptable) within the defined local government areas of Campbelltown, Camden, Liverpool and Wollondilly.
- Athletes must be committed to building a solid skill/fitness base within the sport of triathlon.
- Athletes must be committed to attending all coaching/training, education sessions and camps. We understand that from time to time athletes may be unable to attend sessions due to illness, holiday commitments or competing at a higher level within the triathlon disciplines. Prior arrangement must be sort and approved from SWSAS to be absent from any sessions.
- Athletes must be a financial member of Triathlon Australia/Triathlon NSW (or join upon selection).
- Athletes must be a financial member of Macarthur triathlon club (MacTri) (or join upon selection).
(Note: Junior triathletes and non-triathletes who have achieved a significant level in one or more of the triathlon disciplines (swim, bike, run) are encouraged to nominate. Non-triathletes need to demonstrate a sound level of ability in the other disciplines).
- Q: Athlete Benefits
The program provides access to high level coaching, analysis of technique, sports science testing, science-based strength and conditioning, and a range of athlete appropriate education workshops such as sport psychology, nutrition, drugs in sport awareness, public speaking, resiliance, media training, sports medicine and injury prevention.
Training sessions are generally held throughout the Academy region. Triathlon and 'individual sports discipline' events will be selected to best suit the current development level of athletes, and may include events scheduled in conjuction with other NSW Regional Academies of Sport and participation in the NSW Regional Academies' of Sport ClubsNSW Academy Games.
- Q: View Squad List
2020 2021 Triathlon Squad
- Bodhi Jackson
- Charlotte Tarbotton
- Harry Lindbom
- Joel Skipper
- Ryan Carter
- Thomas Hamilton
- William Carter
- Q: View Coaching Staff
Triathlon Coaching Staff 2020/21
- Head Coach - David Hine
- Assistant Coach - Thomas Hine
- Assistant Coach - Cailtin Sendt