- Q: Athlete Benefits
The introduction of the RASi program is a key new step in the pathway for ALL athletes and coaches interested in participating in the 2021 Youth Phoenix Program. There are many purposes to this program including:
- Provide localised high-quality training for athletes and coaches across Sydney Metro and Regional NSW (previously delivered only through the centralised State Team program)
- Increase the education level of athletes through access to strength & conditioning services and sports education (e.g. nutrition, sports psychology)
- Increase the education level of coaches through the development of a combined coaching cohort, with State-wide content led by VNSW
- Provide a regional level representative championship opportunity within NSW
- Provide an opportunity for talent identification throughout NSW and therefore engage with more individuals
- Q: Athlete Education
Athletes will undertake a minimum of 8 hours of strength and conditioning, and 8 hours of athlete education, delivered by RASi endorsed and accredited coaches and presenters. Athletes will be educated based on a curriculum developed by the South West Sydney Academy of Sport.
Topics to be delivered will include (but are not limited to):
- Sports Medicine and Injury Prevention
- Drugs in Sport/Community
- Nutrition for Athletes
- Youth Leadership
- Social Media for Athletes
- Introduction to Sports Psychology
- Resilience for Athletes
- Public Speaking and Media
The schedule of education will be communicated through the South West Sydney Academy of Sport upon selection.
- Q: Social Media
Athletes are encouraged to provide the Academy with any updates on performances and representation so that we can promote your achievements across our pages on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn & YouTube.
Click below to follow, like, tag and subscribe to SWSAS channels!
- Q: View Squad List
2021 Athletes selected will appear here in the coming weeks.
- Q: View Coaching Staff
Coaching Staff for 2021 will appear here in the coming weeks.