Industry Placement / Internships
To support the development of local sports based students, the South West Sydney Academy of Sport continues to provide placement opportunities for Western Sydney University and South West Sydney Institute of TAFE students completing sport related skill, management and IT services degrees.
As part of their University and TAFE curriculum, sports subject students are required to undertake industry placements and work experience, with quality organisations such as the Academy.
The Academy has the opportunity to support this need, recognising the following:
- A limited number of placements are available each year
- An interview is required prior to appointment
- A high standard of personal presentation, work ethic and reliability is required
- Not all aspects of the course, eg: fitness testing are available year round
- Individual projects such as event management, marketing and promotion, and IT service are available
- Sports coaching and massage therapy may require evening and/or weekend participation
How to apply?
If you are currently studying a sports related degree at TAFE NSW, University or other Institution, and wish to complete your placement hours or even just get some industry experience, APPLY via the button below.