Wests Future Stars Scholarship Program
The South West Sydney Academy of Sport is currently taking nominations from junior talent identified athletes interested in applying for the 'Wests Future Stars' Athlete Scholarship program.
The Wests Future Stars program provides sports education and financial support to local athletes, and works in close partnership with an athlete's individual coach in sports where the Academy does not currently provide a squad program.
Scholarships are for a one-year period, and include access to Strength and Conditioning, sports science testing and access to high-quality sports education lectures both face-to-face and online.
The Wests Future Stars program is open to Athletes and Para-Sport Athletes aged 11 to 20 years of age, who reside in, compete with an association affiliated with a State/National sporting body, or go to school within the Campbelltown, Camden, Liverpool or Wollondilly Local Government Areas.
The Wests Future Stars program also acts as a development pathway for local community coaches, support staff members and volunteers.
To apply to become a Wests Future Stars Scholarship Athlete, simply fill in the nomination form below.
Current Wests Future Stars Athletes
Proudly Supported By
Wests Campbelltown has again demonstrated its support of the sporting 'dreams' of our regions talented athletes.
The Club has committed to financially supporting the Academy's individual athlete development program, as an Academy 'Gold Medal' corporate supporter of the 'Wests Future Stars Athlete and Para-Sport Athlete Program.
Nakeisha Brimble - Athletics
- Educational and personal development sessions.
- Financial assistance. SWSAS will pay up to $1400 of costs directly associated with the development of each 'Wests Future Stars' athlete annually. These costs must be approved by SWSAS and must relate directly to the athletes chosen sport.
- High level coaching.
- Sports science support services.
- Media education and public speaking opportunities.
- Invitation to annual 'Academy Graduation and Sports Awards Dinner'
- Invitation to scholarship holders, Local Government 'Academy Athlete Reception'.
- Recognition of scholarship at various Sports Award presentations and Graduation Dinner.
- Uniform including tracksuit, polo shirt, training shorts, training singlet and cap, or alike.
To be eligable for a Wests Future Stars Athlete Scholarship with the South West Sydney Academy of Sport, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Athletes may be involved in an individual, or team sport.
- Athletes must be born between 2001 - 2010 (Ages 11 - 20 in 2021)
- Athletes must have their own attended email account and a parent/guardian to be CC on all correspondence.
- Athletes must reside or attend school or compete within the defined local government areas of Campbelltown, Camden, Liverpool and Wollondilly.
- Athletes must be committed to progressing to higher levels in their chosen sport.
- An athlete may only be awarded a 'Wests Future Stars' Athlete program for a maximum of 4 years.
- Athletes who are eligible for a current SWSAS squad based sports program are ineligible.
Angus Wallace - Kart Racing
David Baker - Distance Runner
- Nominations will be advertised on the Academy website and in the local newspaper and radio media, like all other nominations.
- Nominations will be assessed by the SWSAS 'Wests Future Stars' program selection panel. Personal interviews may be required.
- All conditions with regard to attendance, dress, commitment, continued improvement, training and professionalism are to be at the same high standard as any other Academy scholarship program.
- Maintenance of a journal/diary of activities and ongoing contact with the Sports Program Manager is required.
- A program assessment may be undertaken at the conclusion of the annual program.
Thomas Noakes - Decathlete
Catarina Di Ramio - Alpine Ski Racer
- A scholarship joining fee of $400.00 (GST Inclusive) similar to all other Academy programs will be applicable to successful athletes. All athletes will receive an appropriate uniform and walkout wear.
- Scholarships are not in the form of a monetary sum, but rather, enable athletes to gain access to a wide range of performance enhancing opportunities. Elite coaching, relevant equipment and travel support.
- As well as this 'Wests Future Stars' athletes gain access to all Academy education and community engagement opportunities.