The South West Sydney Academy of Sport (SWSAS) implements high performance programs for talent identified athletes from South Western Sydney across a number of sports. The focus of our Softball program is on high standards of individual performance and excellence based on a solid platform of skill development, sports science strength and conditioning, athlete sports education and development competition. The program is a link in the Softball NSW development pathway, linking club athletes to state and national programs.
To view more on our Softball program information, click on the drop down headings below.
- Q: Program Overview +
The South West Sydney Academy of Sport (SWSAS) is accepting nominations from athletes interested in nominating for an athlete development scholarship with the Academy's 2021 2022 Softball Program. Nominations will remain open until 9 December 2021. APPLY HERE
This exciting revamped program will provide development opportunities for talent identified young athletes in the South West Sydney region, in partnership with Softball NSW. The program will provide opportunities for athletes in the areas of technical skill, sports education and personal development. Preparing athletes for the next level of elite sport representation. This year each athlete will undergo sports specific strength and conditioning, with home programs supplied over summer provided following a new functional movement screening process.
We are working closely with our local associations to coordinate a calendar that will allow effective participation for athletes. This will be released as soon as possible.
A subsidised GST inclusive levy of $400-00 will be applicable to ALL successful athletes for the 25th anniversary year of the academy (2022). Returning Athletes will automatically be given a $50 reduction of their Levy thanks to the Academies Platinum Sponsors South 32.
- All athlete levies must be paid in full within 14 days of selection, or the scholarship offer may be withdrawn; unless agreed Board of Management arrangements have been confirmed. (Payment Plans and Service NSW - Active Kids Vouchers are available to help with the payment of levies)
- The Academy squad may compete in additional competition (such as Inter Academy Match play) within the program. Camp levies may be applied to cover some costs of travel, accommodation, food and competition entry fees.
- Optional Uniform may also be purchased from SWSAS, for example Hoodies, Socks, and extra training T-Shirts.
- Athletes will be responsible for the purchase of a personal set of Grey 'Sliders'.
- Any agreed additional tour opportunities.
- Additional Uniform items may also be purchased from SWSAS, for example back packs, sports bags, ankle socks, hoodies and more.
- Q: Selection Process +
The Academy reserves the right to accept, or reject any athlete nomination based on its selection criteria. All athletes submitting an expression of interest in an Academy program are required to acknowledge that the acceptance of their nomination will be at the sole discretion of the Academy.
The Academy's general selection criterion is as follows:
- The program is open to male and female softball players born from 2007 to 2008.
- Athletes must be registered with a Softball NSW Affiliated association within the South West Sydney region (Campbelltown, MacArthur or Southern Districts) and must be registered with Softball NSW.
- Athletes must reside, or attend school or be registered with a softball club within the Academy region, Camden, Campbelltown, Liverpool and Wollondilly Council areas.
- The athlete must be committed to progressing to higher representation within the sport of Softball.
- Athlete nominations must be submitted on the online form prior to the listed closing date.
- Q: Athlete Benefits +
Scholarships are not in the form of a monetary sum, but rather enable athletes to participate in the Academy program which includes sports specific training workshops, camps and competition opportunities. These workshops include access to elite level coaches, analysis of technique, sports science, sport psychology, nutrition, and drugs in sport awareness. The program will have a heavy off-season focus. Training sessions will be held within the Academy region, with the possibility of games scheduled against squads representing other NSW Regional Academies, selected major events such as ClubsNSW Academy Games.
Other benefits include; access to subsidised gym memberships with the Academy's program partners. And access to our growing online education workshops.
In 2022 strength and conditioning will be programmed through our very own SWSAS Sportly.me App with communications remaining through Team App.
- Q: View Squad List +
2021 2022 Squad is tbc after trials.
2020 2021 South West Sydney Academy of Sport Softball Squad:
- Joel Byrne
- Mikaere Terito
- Callum Lillyman
- Ethan Milligan
- Dylan Andrade Paez
- Domonic Palmer
- Devontay Fasavalu
- Dylan Wulff
- Cooper Collins
- Liam Sutcliffe
- Taj Barrington
- Carter Shears
- Muhammad Cabello
- Nicholas Hunter
- Lachlan Hort
- Harrison Doris
- Oliver Stewart
- Isabella Trevena
- Riley Cherry
- Ashleigh Lloyd
- Sariah Raumaewa
- Leearna Grant
- Jasmine Taylor
- Paige Young
- Grace Caldwell
- Taylor Heterick
- Kayla Gill
- Ashlee Gallagher
- Annaleise Armstrong
- Tina Horton
- Q: View Coaching Staff +
A huge welcome to our Softball Coaching Staff for 2021 2022!
- Head Coach - Shane Milligan
- Squad Manager - Colleen Franks
- Program Coach - Harrison Pudner
- Program Coach - Marsheal Walker
- Program Coach - Blake Jackson
- Program Coach - Crisy McSavaney