We Are COVID Safe
South West Sydney Academy of Sport has a COVID-19 Safety Plan and we are committed to keeping you safe.
- Physical distancing
- Hygiene and cleaning
- Well being of staff and customers
- Record keeping
CLICK HERE to view the COVID Safety Plan for SWSAS Outdoor Training Events.
INDOOR TRAINING AND EVENTS
Please note that SWSAS will abide by the COVID Safety Plan of the Indoor venue hired.
This includes abiding by the QR Code check-in, and vaccination entry requirements of that venue, and in accordance with the NSW Government Public Health Order current at that time.
Return to Sport - Update
Last Updated: 18 October 2021
The South West Sydney Academy of Sport is excited by the fact that as NSW has now reached its 80% double vaccination roadmap, that the Academy is now able to progress in planning the return to sport for its 2021-2022 sport programs.
The Academy continues to work very closely with the NSW Office of Sport, and our respective state sporting organisations in our return to sport.
What this means for SWSAS
- The Academy is able to proceed with planning for sport program trials as needed, to take place from October 30.
- Sport programs with athletes aged 16 years and over will not conduct trials for these athletes until after 1 December 2021.
- Limits to trial numbers and spectators will be governed by the hosting facilities restrictions (as per NSW Public Health Orders), check-in and vaccination requirements. It is most likely that spectators will not be permitted to allow maximum number of trial participants.
- Should trial numbers exceed the restriction limits, the Academy will run additional, or modify the trial time as required to ensure all who nominate are given the opportunity to trial.
- The Academy will likely proceed with online induction and education sessions for each squad prior to Christmas.
- Any squad face-to-face sessions prior to Christmas will be conducted under the guidance of the relevant NSW PHO, including any proof of vaccination and QR code check-in requirements.
- There will be no overnight camps held prior to the end of 2021.
- The Academy may conduct sessions up to and including the weekend of December 18-19, 2021.
- The Academy will return the week commencing Monday January 17, 2022 and individual squads may schedule sessions after that time.
- Selected athletes who have holidays or family commitments outside this time throughout December and January are required to advise their manager or the Academy Office after selection.
- All athletes will be given access to an online/home Strength and Conditioning program to be completed over the Christmas break.
- A full Academy-wide face-to-face induction, including athletes and parents, will take place as early in the new year as possible.
- It is proposed that each squad will have at least one face-to-face session prior to Christmas, where they will receive their walkout uniform and training t-shirt.
- Additional squad specific uniform and tracksuit will be provided early in 2022.
SWSAS Position on COVID-19
As our community continues to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic and lockdowns, the South West Sydney Academy of Sport has also been responding to the situation and continues to review its operations accordingly.
We are committed to implementing the appropriate responses to the COVID-19 pandemic, to ultimately protect the most vulnerable members of our community and to ensure the health, safety and well being of our staff, volunteers, stakeholders, service users and the broader community.
Our Administration service currently remains open, as we regularly re-assess our operations in line with these changing guidelines and circumstances.
Like many other like organisations, the Academy is continuing its Business Continuity Plan, alongside rigorous risk management processes, to implement a range of measures to keep our service, its people and the wider community safe, when sport does return to 'normal'.
The Academy, its Board and Staff, remain committed to following the NSW Government and its Office of Sport's advice and policies regarding return to play, vaccination requirements, and COVID safe plans.
Where possible, we encourage you to support the local businesses and organisations in our community, particularly those who support your local Academy.
We also take this opportunity to acknowledge the many people in our community who are experiencing tough times as result of the recent climate, including many of our wonderful supporters and sponsors.
The Academy will keep working hard, and safely, to provide quality online services to our amazing athletes and coaching staff.