We Are COVID Safe
South West Sydney Academy of Sport has a COVID-19 Safety Plan and we are committed to keeping you safe.
- Physical distancing
- Hygiene and cleaning
- Well being of staff and customers
- Record keeping
CLICK HERE to view the COVID Safety Plan for SWSAS Outdoor Training Events.
INDOOR TRAINING AND EVENTS
CLICK HERE to view the COVID Safety Plan for SWSAS Indoor Training Events.
Please note that SWSAS will abide by the COVID Safety Plan of the Indoor venue hired.
This includes abiding by the QR Code check-in, and vaccination entry requirements of that venue, and in accordance with the NSW Government Public Health Order current at that time.
Return to Sport - Update
Last Updated: 22 November 2022
As we return to training and Academy activity for 2022-2023, Athletes and Parents are requested to take note of the following updated guidelines when interpreting the Academy Attendance Policy in relation to COVID-19 and Athletes Returning from Injury.
The Academy guidelines related to COVID-19 read as follows.
“Whilst self-isolation requirements are no longer required in NSW, the Academy is conscious that COVID-19 still exists within our community.
The Academy therefore requires athletes or coaching staff who test positive to COVID-19 to not attend training or Academy events.
Affected persons must then produce evidence of a negative test prior to returning to training or attend Academy events.
Where athletes, parents and coaches are involved in close proximity, such as a closed or indoor training/education environment, the Academy strongly recommends the use of face masks and hand sanitiser.”
Athletes who are recovering from injury that prevents participation in training sessions are however still expected to attend training sessions and Academy events, albeit at a reduced and managed capacity. Prior to returning to full capacity training, depending on the injury, Athletes may be required to submit a “return to train” plan from an accredited sports injury specialist (ie Physio).
What this means for SWSAS
- The Academy is proceeding with face-to-face education training sessions in a somewhat "return to normal" operations.
- Face-to-face training session/s are being conducted under the guidance of the relevant NSW PHO in force at the time of the training session.
- Academy Staff have returned to the office in a full time capacity.
- The Academy's 100% attendance expectation has returned as per the Academy Attendance Policy, however the above Guidelines related to COVID-19 are in force.