Office of Sport
The NSW Government provides strong financial and in-kind support to all Regional Academies and maintains a beneficial working relationship with the Academy in areas such as policy and governance.
The Campbelltown Catholic Club is Macarthur's leading event destination and winner of the ClubsNSW Award for Excellence in the 'Best Club Function Centre' in 2010 and 2011, and a finalist in 2012.
The Club has been the proud 'Naming Rights' corporate sponsor of the Academy, since 2011.
The Campbelltown Catholic Club precinct is Macarthur's premier entertainment, business and leisure destination. Home to the Campbelltown Catholic Club the region's largest social and recreational Club, the precinct also features the luxurious Rydges Campbelltown, the award winning Aquafit Fitness and Leisure Centre, and the Campbelltown Catholic Club's 'The CUBE' Campbelltown Convention and Entertainment Centre.
The Club's unique one stop destination provides state of the art facilities to support a healthy lifestyle and catering for conferences and events from 10 to 800 plus guests; and offers a variety of fully self-contained rooms, cocktail spaces, venues and added extras to cater for every need.
The Club's range of venues also includes the nearby Campbelltown Golf Club, the Academy's 'Golf Program' corporate sponsor. The Golf Club provides a premium club venue with magnificent golf course views and golfing opportunities.
Illawarra Coal operates three underground coal mines in the Southern Coalfields of New South Wales, being Appin, West Cliff, and Dendrobium; and two coal preparation plants, namely West Cliff Coal Preparation Plant and Dendrobium Coal Preparation Plant. The Port Kembla Coal Terminal is operated by Illawarra Coal on behalf of a consortium of partners including Illawarra Coal, Xstrata Coal, Peabody, Tahmoor Coal and Centennial Coal and leased from the New South Wales Government.
Illawarra Coal is 100% committed to supporting community organisations, within its operational areas.
South 32 Illawarra Coal has been a proud 'Platinum' level, sporting programs corporate sponsor of the Academy, since 2013. South 32 - Illawarra Coal, in recognising the challenges faced by the Academy during the Covid-19 period have increased and extended their partnership with the Academy during this time.
This sponsorship is aligned with Illawarra Coal's key business themes of pride, passion and performance, and aligns with the Academy's focus of providing continuing sports development support and education to local athletes, while encouraging them to strive for excellence in all they do.
Young athletes from across the State are provided with an extensive education program, covering everything from the dangers of drugs in sport to financial literacy. Thanks' to a new exciting scheme funded by the NSW registered club industry and delivered by NSW Regional Academies.
As the major partner, ClubsNSW has committed a significant financial contribution towards the program, which will provide a best practice health and wellbeing curriculum to young athletes across the State.
The curriculum cover's 11 modules including such subjects as Nutrition, Time Management, Sports Psychology and Youth Leadership. And, will support over 2,000 talent identified athletes from inner and outer regional NSW, annually.
The program is delivered face to face, with Regional Academies engaging industry professionals in the presentation of its content. And, is backed up by the development of an online hub.
In 1987 the Club was officially renamed; Western Suburbs League Club. The name originated from the move of the Western Suburbs Rugby League Football Club to the Campbelltown area and the shift of Club ownership by Wests League Club at Ashfield. In 1996 a local board was subsequently elected, assembling Wests to be the Club it is today.
Wests is the 'Home of Sport' in the Macarthur region, with the successful sponsorship of 24 local sporting groups. It is a family friendly Club that offers a unique experience for all including live entertainment, promotions and special events, as well as a range of dining options to expand your taste buds. Wests is conveniently located next to Leumeah station and a minute from the M5, with multiple facilities including Café D'lish, Wests Brasserie, Stonegrill Resturant and West Express to name a few.
The Wests Group takes pride in designing and delivering community support services to the local Macarthur region and beyond, in a way that enhances family lifestyles. It believes in empowering the community with inclusive social support, education and donations through the adoption of tailored strategies to ensure the needs of individuals, families and sporting groups are met. The Wests Group aim is to identify the needs of the local community and develop actions that aid the strategic direction of the Macarthur Region and its residents.
The catalyst for the formation of the Ingleburn RSL Sub Branch was in 1925, when the then Ingleburn Council took over 10 acres of land and with the help of the community and many ex-servicemen, developed it into Ingleburn Park.
In 1926 the park was officially opened, and all ex-servicemen were invited. At this time most of them were members of Liverpool RSL Sub Branch. At the opening 3 ex-servicemen, suggested forming of a Sub Branch at Ingleburn. All present agreed, and a meeting was called to elect office bearers and establish the number of those willing to join.
A representative of the NSW RSL Headquarters was present at the meeting and acted as Returning Officer. And the Ingleburn RSL Sub Branch was born.
In 1943, RSL Headquarters offered a hut from the Bardia Barracks to the Sub Branch on the proviso that it removed it. When transported and erected, the hut contained 9 tables and 36 chairs and regular house and euchre nights commenced. In 1945, the building was extended to support a dramatic increase in membership.
Overcrowding continued, and parking became a problem. And a search for land to accommodate the increase in membership commenced. Work started on the current club building in 1973 and on the 7th June 1975, the completed building was officially opened.
The four local Councils within the Academy region have been instrumental in the establishment of the Academy and continue to support its operation for the betterment of their individual communities.
The Councils of Campbelltown, Camden, Liverpool and Wollondilly are recognised as 'Foundation Partners' of the Academy, and support the Academy's operation both financially and in the provision of sporting facilities. Campbelltown City Council also supports the Academy through the provision of its Administration Centre, at a nominal rental cost.
Each Council also recognisees' the achievements of its local athletes, by staging an annual 'Athlete Reception' in their honour.