The South West Sydney Academy of Sport will be conducting an AFL Talent Development Program in 2021 for:
- Boys - 11 & 12 yrs
- Girls - 11 & 12 yrs
When: A TEN (10) week Talent Development program will take place from Mid February 2021.
Nominations: Are Open 18 December 2020 and Close 31 January 2021
Starting: Date TBC (Mid to Late February 2021)
- Nominating players, must be born in 2009 or 2010 for both Boys and Girls.
- Athletes must reside, attend school or compete for an affiliated club within the defined local government areas of the Regional Academy zones serviced by SWSAS. Camden, Campbelltown, Liverpool, Wollondilly.
- Athletes must be a member of an AFL NSW/ACT registered AFL club (or agree to join)
- Athletes must be committed to attending all coaching/training sessions, match-play and civic reception events.
- We understand that from time to time, players may be unable to attend sessions due to illness, holiday commitments or competing at a higher level within school sport etc. Prior arrangement must be sort and approved from SWSAS to be absent from any session
- All players will be advised of their nominations outcome via email with selected players to be announced on the SWSAS website shortly afterwards.
- Successful players (parents/guardians) will be provided with scholarship agreement documents and will be required to complete these prior to commencement of the program
- Selection will be confirmed upon acceptance of the scholarship agreement document and levy paid by the due date.
A levy of $150.00 (GST inclusive) will be payable. Due 30 days after Invoice has been emailed out to all successful Athletes.
All players will receive a training uniform, 1x custom made SWSAS AFL ball and a SWSAS drink bottle as part of the program.