The South West Sydney Academy of Sport will be conducting an AFL Talent Development Program in 2021 for:
Boys - 11 & 12 yrs
Girls - 11, 12 & 13 Yrs
Further details on the 2021 AFL Development Program will be available towards late 2020, however a ten (10) week Talent Development program is proposed to take place from late February 2021.
Female athletes aged 14 - 18 should view the AFL Female Talent Pathway program page for further information on that program.
ELIGIBILITY - AFL Talent Development Program
- Nominating players, must be born in 2009 or 2010 (Boys) or 2008, 2009 or 2010 for Girls.
- Athletes must reside, attend school or compete for an affiliated club within the defined local government areas of the Regional Academy zones serviced by SWSAS. Camden, Campbelltown, Liverpool, Wollondilly.
- Athletes must be a member of an AFL NSW/ACT registered AFL club (or agree to join)
Athletes must be committed to attending all coaching/training sessions, match-play and civic reception events. We understand that from time to time, players may be unable to attend sessions due to illness, holiday commitments or competing at a higher level within school sport etc. Prior arrangement must be sort and approved from SWSAS to be absent from any session
- A Trial will be held TBC in December 2020.
- All trialling players will be advised of their trial outcome via email with selected players to be announced on the SWSAS website shortly afterwards.
- Successful players (parents/guardians) will be provided with scholarship agreement documents and will be required to complete these prior to commencement of the program
Selection will be confirmed upon acceptance of the scholarship agreement document and levy.
- A levy of $150.00 (GST inclusive) will be payable.
All players will receive a training uniform as part of the program.