Elite Athlete or Performers Scheme
One of the many benefits of being an Academy athlete is access to educational support programs. Through our partnership with Western Sydney University, certain athletes (who currently attend WSU) have access to the Elite Athlete or Performers Scheme (EPS).
The Scheme consists of 2 tiers; the Elite Athlete and Performers program and the Emerging Athletes Program.
The Elite Athlete and Performers Program is open to eligible students who are competing in Australian Sports Commission recognised sports at a national or international representative level. Officials and coaches who are also involved in these elite levels within their sport may also be eligible for this program.
The Emerging Athletes Program is open to eligible students who are competing in state based premier leagues or junior development programs within their sport. This level is open to all sports and all applications will be individually assessed.
Benefits of the Emerging Athletes Program:
- Assistance with timetabling and academic special consideration to help you work your studies around your sporting commitments
- Assistance in getting involved in mentoring and study group programs such as the LEAD, MATES and PASS programs
- Free acces to on campus fitness centres (Bankstown, Hawkesbury and Kingswood campuses only)
- Access to highly skilled and professional strength and conditioning coaches, personal trainers, custom training programs and assessments
- Subsidised costs for University representative sport events run by Australian University Sport such as the Nationals Div 1 and 2 as well as World University Games
Benefits of the Elite Athlete and Performers Program:
- All of the benefits of the Emerging Athletes Program
- Access to grants which can assist with the costs associated with inter-state and international travel for training camps and competitions
- Western Sydney University branded sports apparel
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE POSITION AND INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO APPLY, CONTACT THE ACADEMY OFFICE